Live chat is a feature that makes your website more informative and engaging to visitors. It helps you differentiate yourself from the competition, giving prospects and customers a more interactive experience. Offering chat is especially effective on sites where visitors have a wide selection of products and often need guidance, like a plastic surgery website. Let’s look at how live chat can help you increase revenue along with some tips on how to make the most of this compelling feature.
The Advantages Of Live Chat
Speed And Convenience
People want to find what they’re looking for quickly. Forrester reports that 53% of customers will abandon an online purchase if they can’t find quick answers to their questions. With live chat, they can talk to someone right away without having to send an email or pick up the phone. Visitors save time as chat service reps guide them to the right pages and answer questions about procedures, downtime, and other policies.
Learn More About Your Customers
The questions people ask on live chat provide you with valuable insights into their needs and preferences. For example, if many people ask about the downtime after Botox, you might want to make sure that information is mentioned on your page. If you get lots of questions about a procedure that you’re not yet offering, this is a clue that you might want to begin doing so if it is within your scope.
Meet Customers’ Expectations
As technology advances and shopping online gets more mainstream, customers’ expectations are quickly rising. Today, many shoppers expect a site to offer live chat. They also prefer this interaction over other options such as email, phone, and social media. Live chat has the highest customer satisfaction rate of 73% compared to other channels. Millennials, in particular, prefer live chat for customer service because of its speed, convenience, and it seems more informal, like texting.
Helps You Increase Revenue
Research indicates that live chat does help businesses make more sales.
- Kayako reports that 79% of customers gained higher sales, retention rates and revenue with live chat.
- According to WebsiteBuilder, live chat increases conversions by 20%.
- Invesp reveals that customers who utilize live chat spend 60% more per purchase than non-chatters.
Getting The Most Out Of Live Chat
If you want to get optimal results from live chat, you have to follow certain guidelines.
- Stay on brand. Make sure your chat agents are trained to communicate with your customers in a way that’s consistent with the tone and style of your brand. For example, some companies have a hip and casual style, while others are more formal and businesslike.
- Use chat scripts, but keep them flexible. Scripts provide team members with guidelines to stay on track and deliver accurate information. However, if conversations sound too scripted, it can be a turnoff for customers. A script can be used as a blueprint, especially for newer agents. However, encourage team members to personalize them and improvise as they gain experience.
- Use chatbots to supplement live chat. While chatbots can’t offer the same level of assistance as live chat, they are a useful backup tool when live agents aren’t available. A chatbot can answer FAQs and provide visitors with guidance on when they can talk to someone live.
Live chat is one of the most effective ways to provide quality, real-time support to website visitors. It’s a feature that works across many industries. When done right, live chat is a tool to build your brand, engage better with your customers and increase your profits.
If you’re interested in getting Live Chat added to your website, you can reach out to us for more information on those services.